- Loop or out and back
- Must be 4 miles 880 feet in length
- Metric equivalent 6.7056 kilometers
2. Starting Corral
- Measured to fit entire starting field
- Corral stays the same size thru out the event
- Participants must be in the starting corral at the bell
- Each loop starts precisely 1 hour after the last
- Warning must be given 3, 2, and 1 minutes prior to start
- All competitors must start at the bell (no late starts)
- Except for restrooms, competitor may not leave the course until each loop is completed
- No non-competitors on the course (including eliminated runners)
- No personal aid during a loop (common aid stations are allowed)
- Each loop must be completed within an hour to be counted… including the final lap.
- No artificial aids (including trekking poles)
- Slower runners must allow passes.
- Timing of the loops is optional
- The winner is the last person to complete a loop
- All others are technically DNF
- Results of each runner in terms of distance covered are to be given.
- If no runner can complete one more loop than anyone else, there is no winner.
- Race must be open ended.